Thursday, March 25, 2010

Saving The Best for Last

Hi Everyone!

First of all, welcome back to Cleveland, Z!

Next, I want to say good luck to all the sweeps contestants. It has been, almost, one full year since I gained my first Miss America Local Preliminary title, Miss Heart of Ohio, but it feels like yesterday!

I began my journey with this organization when I was around seven years old. I attended Miss Ohio first as a spectator and then was introduced a few years later to the stage where I was to do the most important duty of them all, hand out the crown. As I stood backstage I remember teetering in my two and one half inch heels, grasping on to the crown and anxiously awaiting Miss Juanita's guiding push (that sometimes, accidently, catapulted me onto the stage...obviously she was a little jittery too!). I still remember the faces of the contestants when I walked onstage because as everyone was looking at me (or the crown, but I am going to let my ten year old ego get in the way here and say me) I was looking at them. Amazed at their courage, talent, intelligence and beauty I was almost overcome by complete and total joy. I was on the Miss Ohio stage! I would be one small puzzle piece to this epic story! I hope Mom is getting a picture of this because no one is going to believe me at recess! Fast forward ten years and again I am on stage, teetering in twenty two and one half inch heels (exaggerated of course) getting ready for the results of my first Miss America Local Preliminary pageant. It took a lot of hardwork, a positive attitude and great people all around me to win my first local title (quite awhile after my first local), one year ago. Although it seems like an obvious story it was never always so clear to me. I never imagined I would be standing on stage in a swimsuit or answering intense questions. I, at ten years old, was just happy to be where I was. Now, I am happy (and to be honest, a little shocked) to be where I am.

So, I am very excited to place that coveted crown on one lucky and deserving young lady's head this weekend. It is such an honor to be a part of this organization and knowing that six more women will be added to the 2010 Miss Ohio class is beyond thrilling (cheesy word but so true!).

I thought I had it all at ten but, little did I know...

Good luck contestants!
See you all Saturday!

Ashley Warholic

P.S. Major thank you's to Kim Baker Canary for helping me through out this year! You are the best and I really appreciate all your advice and guidance! In addition, Courtney Monk, Heather Wells and Kristy Moneysmith you will all hold a very special place in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment