Friday, December 11, 2009

Grown Up Christmas List

Hi Friends!

I am trying to keep my promise of staying on top of my blog and in celebration of finals being over I figured tonight would be a great night to update!

After my last update, which happened to be on Thanksgiving Break, I went back to school to finish up the semester. However, right in the middle of that was my birthday! YAY! My friends and my family were so sweet and I was sent flowers, my door was decorated and one of my best friends took me to get a pedicure (first one ever! and I can definitely say it won't be my last!). I had a great time and everyone made it one of my best birthdays ever!

I finished up my last week of classes that week and prepared for..dun dun dun. FINALS. I was so upset that I could not make it to the Miss Mansfield Pageant on Saturday but literally my brain was about to explode just thinking about all the work I had to do. So I sent my mom. (She was a very willing candidate!). The next morning I got a call with all the news from the show. She mentioned everything from how the stage was BEAUTIFUL to how I was now the proud, new owner of a Christmas tree designed by Miss Sasha Eby! She told me everything...everything. It was great to hear about the competition though and I was very excited to hear that Amber and Heather won! Congratulations! and I cannot wait to spend another week at Miss Ohio with you two!!!

So, after the chat with my Mom it was back to studying for a crazy week.

Although there was not a lot of time to get many other things done besides sleeping, eating and studying one of my good friends, Colleen, and I went shopping for some friends that were in need of some Christmas cheer. The little buddy I was shopping for was Jessica and she was two and a half years old and Colleen was looking for goodies for Isabella who was six. We had the best time picking out clothes and looking for the perfect toys to make the holiday season a little bit brighter for these two little girls. Colleen also had a great time picking out miniature sized clothes for me and selecting outfits she envisioned me wearing as a child. Overall, we walked away with some great things (these girls are about to be stylin' at school!!) and a great feeling!

In addition, I have been collecting things for some of the residents of the Berea Children's Home. I cannot wait to deliver the bags of treats to the kids! (If anyone knows where some cute pajama pants are, let me know!)

Today, I had to tear down my Christmas tree (which I set up only two weeks ago) and pack all of my belongings that I could maybe, possibly, sorta-kinda, potentially need over the course of a month and head back home to Mansfield. I am really looking forward to the break (even though I will be working..if teaching little kids to snowboard is considered work!?) and the holiday season!

I hope everyone has been enjoying these past few weeks. I want to leave you with one of my all-time favorite Christmas songs! If anyone saw me on road between Berea and Mansfield you most likely saw me belting this song (luckily no one else was in the car. YIKES!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxtluFgCRW8&feature=related

Keep warm!
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment